Ron Weiner considers it a privilege to represent individuals against large corporations and insurance companies. Ron is a devoted advocate who zealously, yet respectfully, assures that his clients are on a level playing field.
Ron received his B.A. from University of Michigan in 1983 and his law degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 1987. He began his career as an assistant prosecuting attorney for Macomb County and has represented plaintiffs in a myriad of personal injury matters for over two decades. Ron primarily handles cases involving nursing home neglect, medical malpractice and automobile/no-fault. He has also litigated matters including defective products, dog bites, food contamination, worksite injuries and defamation.
Ron’s professional experience also includes authoring articles and presenting seminars. In three publications, he wrote the Wayne State University Law Review Annual Survey of Michigan Law – Torts. Annually he co-moderates the Michigan Association for Justice’s Seminar in the Snow in Bellaire, MI. Additionally Ron has guest lectured at area law schools on health care law and trial advocacy. He is a case evaluator in Oakland, Macomb and Wayne Counties and serves as an arbitrator for various attorneys in southeastern Michigan.
Ron is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, United States District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association, Macomb County Bar Association, American Association for Justice and Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ). He is an officer of the board of MAJ, serving as secretary. Ron is the chair of the Oakland County Circuit Court Committee and past chair of the Oakland County Case Evaluation Committee.
Outside of the courtroom and legal life, Ron is a board member and the immediate past president for Gilda’s Club of Metro Detroit, an organization very dear to him, having lost several family members to cancer. Gilda’s Club provides programs, education and a warm venue for cancer victims and their families to ensure that no one has to face cancer alone.
Ron is married to Amy and they have two daughters, Hannah and Abigail, and a dog, Izzy.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Medical Malpractice
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 1983
- Author, Wayne State University Law Review - Annual Survey of Michigan Law – Torts (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Author, Syracuse Journal of International Law and Commerce, Spring 1987, The Arab Boycott of Israel, a Private Right of Action Under the Export Administration Act
- Michigan Association for Justice: Annual Seminar in the Snow, Co-Moderator , 2005 to Present
- Michigan Association for Justice: 2017 Convention Seminar, Moderator - Advocacy Track
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan Association for Justice, Executive Committee/Secretary
- American Association for Justice, PAC Member
- Oakland County Circuit Court Committee, Chair
- Oakland County Case Evaluation Committee, Past Chair
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Macomb County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Macomb County, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- Zamplas, Nystrom, Johnson, Walker & Cavanaugh, Associate
- Lakin, Worsham & Victor, Associate
- Zamler, Mellen & Shiffman, Partner
Pro Bono Activities
- Gilda’s Club of Metro Detroit – Board Member, Past President