Joel Sanfield is a partner at Lipton Law which he joined in February 2019. Joel received his bachelor of arts with honors in 1985 from Michigan State University. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1989.
For the first eleven years of his legal career, Joel practiced at one of the largest medical malpractice defense firms in the country. In addition to earning his reputation as a skilled and aggressive litigator, Joel became a sought after speaker on a variety of legal topics. Most recently, he could be heard as a frequent guest speaker on several talk radio programs in the Detroit area.
In 2001, Joel redirected his legal skills and began to represent victims of medical malpractice. Since then Joel continues to devote one hundred percent of his practice exclusively toward obtaining justice on behalf of the negligently injured. In doing so, Joel has achieved recognition as a formidable trial attorney. He has been the lead trial attorney in numerous medical malpractice cases that he has tried to verdict throughout the State of Michigan.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- General Personal Injury
- Chiropractic Negligence
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1989
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: With Honor
- Frequent Guest Speaker, Several Talk Radio Programs in the Detroit Area
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Michigan Association of Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Global Directory of Who’s Who with Honors
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2015