Personal Injury Lawyers Who Can Help You Navigate Auto Insurance Roadblocks

If you've been in a motor vehicle accident, you rely on insurance to help cover your expenses. In Michigan, all drivers are required by law to have an automobile insurance policy with no-fault benefits. These benefits provide coverage for expenses relating to medical bills, rehabilitation fees, lost wages and other expenses associated with a person's injuries after an accident. Conversely, Michigan's no-fault insurance benefits do not cover vehicle damage. As a consequence, vehicle owners and motorists in Michigan may want to buy additional types of auto insurance as well as the mandatory, basic no-fault coverage.

When insurance companies refuse to pay out and don't follow through on their end of the bargain, you need solid legal representation to get you the financial compensation you deserve. Lipton Law can help — since 1964, our personal injury attorneys have been giving people just like you the edge they need when facing nonresponsive insurance companies.

Additional Auto Insurance Options

It is not uncommon for people injured or involved in car accidents to be unsure of what types of insurance benefits and coverage they are eligible for. While no-fault auto insurance takes care of a handful of expenses, there are many other expenses that no-fault does not even begin to cover.

Here are some additional auto insurance coverage options that can be added to a person's no-fault policy:

  • Residual liability insurance (increased limits) Even a person who is insured under a no-fault policy may want to think about getting extra limited liability coverage, which provides many combinations of coverage for injuries and property damage.
  • Physical damage insurance (collision and comprehensive) Collision coverage pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle if it suffers damage in a collision. Comprehensive coverage takes care of financial repercussions associated with your vehicle being stolen, colliding with an animal or being damaged by fire, flood, falling objects or vandalism.
  • Limited property damage liability insurance (mini tort) This type of coverage can help motorists who are found to be 50 percent or more at fault in an accident and sued for damages to another individual's vehicle that are not covered under collision insurance.
  • Uninsured motorists insurance This coverage provides compensation for pain and suffering in addition to excess wage loss if a person is involved in an accident with a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured motorist.

Getting You The Benefits You're Entitled To

Even the most insured drivers can encounter problems with their insurance companies when filing claims for benefits they are entitled to. At Lipton Law, our Southfield auto insurance claim attorneys know the ins and outs of claims involving the varying types of auto insurance policies, including those specific to no-fault benefits.

To help ensure that your rights are protected, contact us online or call our lawyers today at 248-557-1688. At Lipton Law, our first priority is you.