Guidelines When You Are Injured
When you are involved in a Michigan personal injury accident, you should follow the guidelines below:
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle, the scene of the incident and your injuries as soon as possible.
- If given paperwork relating to your accident, DO NOT sign anything until your attorney has reviewed it and talked with you.
- Gather all contact information from the people involved in the accident and take the names and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- DO NOT provide any kind of statement to an insurance company before contacting your attorney. Your attorney should be the only person to contact any insurance company.
- Provide a copy of your insurance policy and declaration sheet to your attorney so they may review your coverage.
- Act quickly after an accident in hiring a Southfield MI personal injury attorney – there are many strict timelines that affect personal injury claims.
KEEP IN MIND: INSURANCE COMPANIES DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART.