(248) 557-1688

fmcsa big rig safety complaint

Motorists Who See Truck Safety Issues May Contact FMCSA

By Lipton Law on March 20, 2012 - No comments

FMCSA Truck ViolationsThe Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) accepts both telephone and online reports of potential safety violations committed by truck drivers on U.S. highways. Motorists who see or suspect unsafe driving behavior from truck drivers can call the FMCSA toll-free or hop online when they get to their destination to send a safety concern. These reports can be filed anonymously, and they are kept confidential by the agency.

Although many types of truck-related safety complaints can be reported to the FMCSA, the agency typically hears reports about unsafe driving from motorists who share the road with truck drivers. However, motorists who know about or suspect other types of trucking regulation violations, such as hours of service (HOS) violations or safety problems with trucking equipment, can also send their concerns to the FMCSA. Concerns about safety in workplaces, such as on loading docks, should be reported to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

FMCSA can be reached online at https://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/HomePage.asp or by phone toll-free at 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238). OSHA can be reached at 1-800-321-OSHA.

Truck accident injuries can seriously and permanently change the course of a person’s and a family’s life. If you’ve been injured in a Michigan truck crash, the experienced Southfield truck accident injury attorneys at Lipton Law are ready to help. To discuss your case with us and learn more about your legal rights and options, call Lipton Law today at (248) 557-1688. Your initial telephone consultation is free and completely confidential.